ampersandology: film. culture. words.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Lost, Harps, Doing Well




by Jillian Butler, Ampersandology

I don't even watch Lost, but this video on the music of a typical episode just transfixed me. Even for non-viewers, I'm sure its moody soundtrack has become somewhat iconic, so to see the instruments make the familiar sounds is really neat.



I'm generally a big of Michael Giacchino's work, so it's nice to see him doing really well (for the record, winning the Oscar for Best Score is the definition of 'doing well'). It doesn't hurt that something about a film'television composer's job has always fascinated me. But then, I'm esoteric. Natch.

Have a suggestion for a future Ampersandology topic? Got something you’d like to say? All feedback welcome! Shoot us an email at ampersandology@gmail.com, or follow Ampersandology on Facebook

2 comments:

Read and See said...

Hey, thanks for this! I'm pretty behind in my blog reading, but this was really interesting!

Jillian Butler said...

Are you a fan of Lost? I kept meaning to get into it, but then all of a sudden, it was over. So we'll see.

Glad to have you back, Ruby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails