ampersandology: film. culture. words.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Culture Snaps - June 2nd





by Jillian Butler, Ampersandology



WATCHING...
Well, I'd blame Encyclopedia Brown, but it's alarming how often I've started to do that. You're off the hook this time, Boy Wonder.  I guess I'll have to point the finger at the spitfire acting, top-notch snarky dialogue, and the empty bottle of hooch where this show's heart is supposed to go.

READING...
Elizabeth Abbott, A History of Celibacy

You'd think a detailed account of the historical narrative of the celibacy movement wouldn't be sexy in the least. You'd be wrong. I'm generally an Elizabeth Abbott fan, but this one is a stand-out. Please note: the picture I've chosen makes a great case for the single entrendre, don't you think?


LISTENING...
Local Natives, Gorilla Manor

My no-fail source for music recommendations has come through for me this week, pushing me onto Local Natives' Airplanes. It is so splendid: light, rhythmic and achy in the heart place. Thanks, Bug.


Have a suggestion for a future Ampersandology topic? Got something you’d like to say? All feedback welcome! Shoot us an email at ampersandology@gmail.com, or follow Ampersandology on Facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any time.

-JB

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails